WHAT IS IT?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a temporary FCC program to help households struggling to afford internet service during the pandemic.
The benefit provides UP to $50/month discount for broadband service.
This program starts May 12, 2021.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Has income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain government assistance programs;
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price lunch or breakfast program;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID19 program.